January-February 2020: Matteo Bonotti - Monash University - Melbourne
Progetto di Eccellenza del Dipartimento di Filosofia "Piero Martinetti"
Junior Visiting Fellow
Matteo Bonotti, PhD
Monash University - Melbourne
Period: January 27, 2020 - February 21, 2020
Matteo Bonotti is a Lecturer in Politics and International Relations at Monash University, having previously taught at Cardiff University, Queen’s University Belfast, and the University of Edinburgh. His research interests are diverse but unified by a common underlying theme: ethical pluralism and cultural diversity in contemporary societies, and the question of how the state should respond to them.
Food justice and food ethics; linguistic justice; democratic theory; political liberalism; the normative dimensions of partisanship and electoral design; free speech.
Personal website: https://research.monash.edu/en/persons/matteo-bonotti
Events involving him
- Giovedì 30 gennaio, Sala Paci, h. 16,00 - 18,45: Seminario 'Democratic Theory and the Ethics of Voting’: Jonathan Seglow (Royal Holloway, University of London), 'Against the Secret Ballot’ - Matteo Bonotti (Monash University), 'Public Reason, Compulsory Voting and Australian Democracy’.
- Martedi' 4 febbraio, Biblioteca Politeia Unimi, 9:15-17:30: Book Manuscript Workshop (organizzato con Andrea Borghini) - Eating Our Way Through Liberalism: Food Policy and Health Between Mill and Rawls, book manuscript co-authored by Anne Barnhill (Johns Hopkins University) and Matteo Bonotti (Monash University) (locandina allegata)
- Mercoledi' 5 febbraio, Biblioteca Politeia Unimi, 10:30-18:00: Workshop (organizzato con Andrea Borghini) - Food and Ideological Extremism: Philosophical and Empirical Dimensions (locandina allegata)
- Martedi' 18 febbraio, 12:30-14:30: Seminario, Facoltà di Scienze Politiche - 'Disaggregating Civility' (paper co-authored with Steven Zech, Monash University). SPS Seminar Room (Room 215, II floor, Passione side) Facoltà di Scienze Politiche, Economiche e Sociali, via Conservatorio 7, Milano.
- Giovedi' 20 febbraio, Sala Paci, 15:00-17:45: Seminario - Matteo Bonotti, 'Citizenship, Language Tests and Exclusion' (paper co-authored with Louisa Willoughby); Andrew Shorten (University of Limerick and KU Leuven), ‘Immigration, Language and Disadvantage’.
Paper by Matteo Bonotti and Steven Zech (Monash University)
CHAIR: Giulia Bistagnino (Università degli Studi di Milano)
18 February 2020, h. 12:30
SPS Seminar Room (Room 215, II floor, Passione side) Facoltà di Scienze Politiche, Economiche e Sociali, via Conservatorio 7, Milano.