André De Tienne: The Role and Relevance of Phaneroscopy for inquiry
Course for the Doctoral School of Philosophy and Human Sciences
André De Tienne (IUPUI)
The Role and Relevance of Phaneroscopy for inquiry
Discussant: Maria Regina Brioschi, University of Milan
April 8, 2021; 16:00-18:00.
Webinar on Zoom.
To partecipate, please send a mail to email@example.com in order to get the right Zoom link.
4th Lecture of the PhD Course "Philosophy as a Method of Thinking Practices: Phenomenology, Hermeneutics and Post-Structuralism in the light of Pragmatism"
Outline of the seminar session:
- 1. Phaneroscopy may be mystifying but is no mystery.
- 2. Reminders about Peirce’s theory of three categories
- 3. The place of phaneroscopy in Peirce’s mature classification of sciences
- 4. From mathematics to phaneroscopy
- 5. Phaneroscopy as Inquiry into the positiveness of experience
- 6. The Phaneron and its ingredients
- 7. How to scope the phaneron and why
- 8. Phaneroscopy’s role and relevance for any inquiry
- Conclusion: Phaneroscopoy as a science-egg
The meeting will be held in English.
Tutti gli interessati sono invitati a partecipare.
La partecipazione è fortemente raccomandata agli allievi del Scuola di Dottorato in Filosofia e Scienze dell’Uomo.
The cycle of meetings is part of the didactic proposal of the Doctorate in Philosophy and Human Sciences.
Organization by The Peirce Research Group in collaboration with Associazione Culturale Pragma, Centro di Ricerca Interuniversitario "Pragmatismo - Costruzione di saper - Formazione".
For information: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com